Research Associate and Project Manager
Communication Security Lab
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
University of Waterloo
Office : EIT 4124
Phone : +1 (519) 888-4567 (Ext 31246)
Fax : +1 (519) 746-3077
Location : 200 University Ave West, Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 3G1 Canada.
I am a Research Associate and an ORF Project Manager in the Communication Security Lab at Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of University of Waterloo since October 2012. Currently I am working with Professor Guang Gong on algebraic combinatorics, coding theory, sequences, cryptanalysis of lightweight block ciphers and hash functions.
I received my Ph.D. in Mathematics at
Peking University, China. Before joining Communication Security Lab, I spent three years in Nanyang Technological University (Department of Mathematics) and National University of Singapore (Temasek Laboratories) as a Postdoctoral Fellow and as a Research Scientist, respectively.
Discrete Mathematics and Combinatorics
- Algebraic combinatorics (Strongly regular graphs, association schemes, difference sets)
- Combinatorial design; Coding theory
- Highly nonlinear functions and their related combinatorial objects
- Sequences with good auto-correlation and cross-correlation properties
- Design and analysis of cryptographically siganificant functions
- Analysis and design of lightweight block ciphers and hash functions
- Design of authentication codes
Recently I am studying the basic courses on the Data Science. The followings are the
verified certificates I obtained in the
Data Science Specification provided by Johns Hopkins University through Coursera.
- The Data Scientist's Toolbox;
- R Programming;
- Getting and Cleaning Data;
- Reproducible Research;
On the existence of aperiodic complementary hexagaonal lattice arrays, with Gong, G.
Six constructions of difference families, with Ding, C., Tan, C.H.
Cryptanalysis of the key generation algorithm TUAK for 3GPP. Third-party Evaluation Report,
with G. Gong, K. Mandal and T. Wu,
Available on 3GPP website (File No. S3‑142035)
Last update: October 2014.